Monday, September 10, 2012

Cowboy First Birthday Layout & October Afternoon Sketch Challenge

Cowboy First Birthday Layout
Serendipitous Scrapper
It feels like forever since I've done a 12x12 layout. October Afternoon posted a sketch challenge on their blog here and it was just the thing to get me motivated.  I love the blocking technique they showcased in the sketch and that you can use up lots of scraps with it.


October Afternoon Sketch Challenge
6 September 2012


I primarily used the October Afternoon Sasparilla line throughout the layout.  I've really come to love their Miscellany packs that have all sorts of neat items in them. Several of the buttons, the cowboy flash card and the sheriff's badge come from the Miscellany pack.

The sheriff's badge and corrugated alphabet were both in Kraft and I painted them to match the colors in the pattern papers.  I made the paper rosette and little vintage tag at the bottom with 22 stamped on it (his birthday).  Stampin' UP So Saffron ink was used to distress the tiny embossed stars, the edges of the layout and the doily. Who says you can't use a doily on a boy's layout?

I thought the cross stitch borders was a fun way to finish it all off.

It's about time I started scrapping some of Reid's first birthday photos as his second birthday is only 2 weeks away - go figure!


Wagons west,

CarrieAnne


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)