|Love Birds Congratulations Gift Bag|
Curtsey Boutique DT Member
Happy New Year!
I am excited for all 2013 has to offer. This post marks the first for our new Design Team. The blog will be so much busier from now on and full of lovely inspiration - I hope you enjoy it.
First up is this charming Gift Bag by Shellye McDaniel and a tutorial on how she created it.
1. After printing the 'love birds' image, use a 2.5"circle punch to cut out the design; adhere to the center of the doily.
2. Stamp sentiment onto a piece of cardstock, trim and add to bottom portion of image.
3.Machine-stitch around the perimeter if desired.
4. Using a Ballpoint-Tip Glue Pen, attach a border of brown/white baker's twine around the edge of the image.
5. Line the top of the doily to just under the hole of the shipping tag and attach with adhesive or glue dots.
6. Next, attach the paper bow to the top of the doily using adhesive, foam dot or glue dot.
7. Cluster two white felt roses to the side of the image (or center, if desired) and add a button or pearl to the center or leave plain.
8. Hand-cut or use a leaf punch to fashion a couple of leaves.
9.Before tying the tag onto the paper bag, fold over the opening of the bag to create a flap.
Little gifting bags are perfect for holding gift cards, money, small frames or other trinkets. Have a larger gift in mind? The Curtsey Boutique has a large supply of different sized boxes, bags and sacks available.
To view more of Shellye's work visit her blog, the Papered Cottage, or click on her image below.