Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Enjoy 2013 Card by Jess Mutty


Enjoy 2013 Card
by Curtsey Boutique Designer
Jess Mutty

Jess is our featured designer today with this lovely card celebrating the new year.

Happy New Year to all!  I love to make cards for all occasions but sometimes it is refreshing to create a card for some of the holidays that aren't typical "greeting card holidays".  A new year is a fresh start and a great opportunity to send out a little pizzazz!

When I think of New Year's Eve I think of bold colors and sparkle.  The large corrugated silver star is the perfect backdrop for the sentiment and embellishments.  I love how the paper bow looks like it ties right around the star. I layered all of this on top of an embossed tag for a nice pop of color and texture and tied two pieces of seam binding through the hole.  

My card is pretty simple but everything I added is bold and festive... I can see this design working for a teen or birthday too!


Curtsey Boutique Supplies Used



To see more of Jess' stunning work visit her blog, The Examined Lifeor click on her photo.




6 comments:

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)