Monday, October 8, 2012

A Thankful Vintage Halloween Card

A Thankful Halloween Card
Serendipitous Scrapper
Once upon a time a wondrous thing happened - a scrapbooking supplies addicted fair maiden found a perfectly good pair of Martha Stewart Fringe scissors in the clearance bin.  I don't know what person in their right mind would return these magical creatures, but they did and I snatched them up and have been using them for ALL sorts of fun things.

On this card I layered three 6 x 2.5 inch pieces of tulle (brown, orange and white). I whipped stitched the tulle at the top and than took the fringe scissors to them to create the fun frayed layers of tulle behind the doilies.

The glass leaves have been in my stash for 4 years (yes 4)!!  I found them at a flea market in Rotterdam and just now remembered I had them and put them to good use.

Most of the papers are Simple Stories, with the exception of the fun little vintage witch who is from Reminisce. I'm not big on monsters and ghouls, but sweet fun vintage Halloween images - those I love.

The dyed doilies are from my shop.


Thanks for stopping by,

CarrieAnne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)