Thursday, February 3, 2011
Look Who's Turning One!
Today is my little niece Scarlett's first birthday. I made her this sweet little owl card and the sentiment on the inside reads "Look Whoos Turning One!"
Cricut Lite Cartridge: Sugar and Spice
Paper: Stampin' UP!
Punches: Stampin' UP!
Pearls: Reminisce (Michael's Brand)
Bow: Martha Stewart Crafts
The How To's
1. I cut the owl from the Cricut Lite Sugar and Spice Cartridge at 7 inches from Brown cardstock first and then folded a second piece of brown cardstock and traced the original cut onto it to create the folded base of the card. (I don't have a gypsy so I had to do it old school :)
2. I also cut an owl from the green leaf paper at 7 inches and one from brown patterned paper at 7 inches.
3. Using the layer function I cut out the round eyes from the purple floral paper. I cut a second set of eyes from the dark purple paper and layered one on top of the other and then slightly off set them.
3. The center of the eye is a flower punch and I used a second larger flower punch to maker her eye lashes. I simply cut a few of the petals off and layered them.
4. I snipped the feet off the brown patterned owl and layered them to the green leaf owl.
5. The stomach "feathers" are about 50 little flower punches that I built row upon row and then folded all the petals up with a stylus to create depth.
6. The beak is made from two heart punches. I folded the curved upper portions of the heart down and in to create a flap to attach the beak to the card.
Thanks for looking!