Welcome to the third stop on the My Pink Stamper's Pinkalicious Blog Hop.
If you are coming from Court's blog at Court’s Crafts you are in the right place. If you just happened on the hop be sure to start at the beginning at Robyn's My Pink Stamper blog.
This month we got to play with some of Robyn's brand new release sets. If you haven't seen them be sure to check them out here.
Rosettes and county fair ribbons are all the rage at the moment. I discovered this very inexpensive and fun way to make a rosette baby shower invitation and matching thank you card using the Old West Cricut Cartridge and My Pink Stamper's Sweet Baby Stamp Set.
I am giving away two bottles of Viva Decor's Paper Soft Color (Violet and Cream). If you haven't played with this product yet, you will have a blast doing so. One lucky winner will be drawn on February 25th. To enter you just need to leave a comment on this post.
If you are just looking to mosey on to more My Pink Stamper Design Team Inspiration Sonia is up next! If you are interested in project details and how to's they are listed after the blog hop list.
Thanks for looking,
Stamps: My Pink Stamper: Sweet Baby
Cricut Cartridge: Old West (ribbon), Sweet Treats (circular card base)
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder: Argyle , Swiss Dots
1/4 inch Circle Punch
Ink: Stampin' UP!: Cool Caribbean
Stickles: Ranger: Star Dust
Stick Pins: Jenni Bowlin Studio: Pewter
Patterned Paper: Making Memories
Adhesive: Beacon Adhesives: Zip Dry
Tulle, Ribbon Scraps
The How Tos:
Rosette Shower Invitation:
CREATING THE PLEATED CIRCLES
1. The base of this card is a circle shaped card with a hinge on the left. It was cut from white card stock at 3 1/4 inches from the Sweet Treats Cartridge. It can be found on page 69 under the "cards" function.
2. The rosette is created from the ribbon top cut on the Old West Cartridge on page 73.
3. Using the icon function and shift key cut out 5 ribbon tops in a variety of patterns. The ribbon tops need to become progressively smaller in order for them to layer. I cut one ribbon top at 10 inches, 8.5 inches, 7 inches, 5.5 inches, and 4 inches.
4. Beginning with the 10 inch ribbon top remove the center circle by snipping at the few places it is attached the "pleated" outline.
5. Choose any scored line and cut the pleated outline. It is no longer a closed circle now, but an open circle.
6. Accordion pleat this open circle piece backwards and forwards at every score or cut mark.
7. Dry emboss the open pleated circle with the Argyle Cuttlebug Folder
8. Use glue dots to reattach the open circle ends so that it is now a pleated circle.
9. Adhere the pleated circle to the circle card base with Beacon Adhesives' Zip Dry Glue.
10. Excluding the dry embossing, repeat steps 4 thru 8 with each progressively smaller ribbon top.
BUILDING THE ROSETTE
1. Freehand cut tulle circles that are slightly larger than each of the 4 smaller rosette layers. I cut 3 tulle circles in each size.
2. Free hand cut circles from tulle that are slightly larger than the ribbon top they will go under.
3. Using Beacon Adhesive's Zip Dry adhere tulle than ribbon layer, tulle than ribbon layer. I also randomly added scraps of ribbon. As you are building your layers be sure to nestle them firmly one inside the other and flatten them to retain the circular rosette shape.
4. Stamp "Baby Shower" from the Sweet Baby stamp set on off white cardstock and punch out with 1 1/4 inch circle punch.
5. Outline stamped circle with Stickles and adhere to rosette with Zip Dry Adhesive.
6. Place something marginally heavy on the rosette (I chose a box of checks) and allow to dry for 30 minutes.
Thank You Card
1. Create a rectangular card base from solid cardstock. Mine is 4 x 3 1/4 inches.
2. Adhere a rectangular card to the base.
3. Now its time to use those circles you cut out fro the rosettes. Stack the circles one top of another.
4. Using a crop-o-dile pierce all the layers at once and secure them with a brad.
5. Spray the stacked circles with water and crumple them all in towards the brad. Allow them to dry for 10-15 minutes.
6. Once dry slowly uncrumple circle layers. Rotate the layers to add interest.
7. Adhere two pieces of green ribbon to the card base and the flower on top of the card with large glue dots.
8. Apply Stickles to the edge of every other flower layer.
9. Stamp "Thank You" from the Sweet Baby stamp set on white cardstock and layer on top of hand cut blue and black rectangles.
10. Add pierced corners to card base with paper piercer or needle.