Thursday, February 24, 2011

Relax and feel better ...


A friend is going to be having some surgery this week so I thought I would make her this card to remind her to relax and take care of herself after wards.

I also used this card for the challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut blog. The challenge was to use any kind of embossing.

RECIPE:

Cricut Cartridges: Sweethearts, Splish Splash
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Microbeads: Stampin' UP!
Stickles: Ranger
Gel Pen: Signo White
Alpha Stickers: Doodlebug Designs
Punch: Stampin' UP!

Thanks for stopping by,

CarrieAnne


The How To's

There are two really fun things about this card. The "bubble bath" is from a combination of stickles and micro beads. I thought it came out fun and frothy.

The tile floor I designed using a combination of heat and dry embossing.

1. Use a stylus and ruler to score on the diagonal on a piece of patterned paper.

2. Use a signo white gel pen and a ruler to fill in the scored lines.

3. Apply VersaMark ink to entire piece of patterned paper.

4. Apply clear embossing powder and heat.

I love that it came out like travertine tile. I even "burned" a few areas to get some pretty color variegation.

18 comments:

  1. Love the tile! Very creative...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great details! This would be a handy card for many occasions, and would look lovely in a gift basket of bath goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The microbeads with the stickles came out awesome, looks just like bubbles! Great card and TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the bubbles look!! I may have to try this out. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super awesome! I love the bubbles! And the tile!
    Great job.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty--what a great card! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really adorable - so creative, you did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome card! Love, love, love the bubbles! Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the bubbles :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it and that is exactly what i did today :P a nice relaxing bubbling bath...awww!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tile and bubbles are fabulous! What a GREAT card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ADORABLE!!! CarrieAnne... I have an award for you over on my blog.... When you get a free minute would you please stop by and pick it up... Thanks!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks super! I love your paper combinations. Great job with the embossing too!
    Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job,I love your idea!SUPER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh!! This is so adorable!!!!! I love how you did the tile and the bubbles. Thank you so much for sharing these awesome tips!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great card and congrats on being in the top five of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you accomplished the tile. Clever idea. Congrats on being one of the Top 5. I was too and now a new follower. Check me out too.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)