My four month old son has a thing against sleeping. He hates to sleep! The only way we can get him down is to put him in his swing. He now weighs an astounding 22 pounds and has outgrown our swing. A friend of mine had a swing with a much higher weight threshold and has lent it to us (THANK GOODNESS)!
I made her this card as a way of saying thank you. The inside says "you are a life saver."
Cartridges: Cricut Lite: Splish Splash, Cricut: Tags, Boxes and More
Paper & Border Punch: Stampin' UP!
Embossing folders:Cuttlebug: Swiss Dots, D'vine Swirl
Ribbon: Basic Grey
Sentiment: American Crafts Rub Ons and my word processor
1. The base of the card is the circle tag from Tags, Boxes, and More cut on 5" inches using the mirror function. Because I hate a flat hinge showing on a circle shaped card, I cut the polka dot paper at 5 1/4 inches to cover the entire base of the card and give it a clean look. This circle is also from Tags, Boxes, and more. It was cut using the Blackout function.
2. I cut the blue cardstock circle and a striped patterned paper circle at 5 inches using the functions described above. I then dry embossed the blue circle with Cuttlebug's D'Vine Swirl Embossing folder. The blue circle was then distressed with VersaMark Ink. I cut the striped circle in half and layered it on top of the blue embossed circle.
3. The border punch was punched out twice, once from the yellow check and once from glossy white cardstock. They were slightly offset then adhered together.
4. The life preserver was cut from white cardstock using the Cricut Lite Splish Splash cartridge at 3 inches. It was then embossed with the Cuttlebug Swissdots Embossing Folder.
5. The finishing touch was added by the "ropes" I adhered over the red sections of the life preserver. These were made old school - ala friendship bracelet with dmc floss.
Don't forget to celebrate reaching 200 followers with me!! I am giving away the Thanksgivings Blessings Cricut Cartridge to one lucky winner.
I don't normally require readers to become followers for a prize or challenge, but as this is to say Thank You to my followers to enter you will need to:
1.Be a follower
2. Leave a comment on Friday's post.
You have until Tuesday, February 1st to enter at 8am EST. The contest is open to all followers, but a winner outside of the United States will be responsible for their shipping costs.
Thanks for looking,