Many Kroger grocery stores had the Cricut Personal Cutter and 3 exclusive cartridges for the holiday season. 2 weeks ago I was able to purchase the following cartridges for $11 each:
and on Saturday a friend found Thanksgiving in their clearance bin for $1.00!
UPDATE: These cartridges were all available in my Kroger last night (1/19) for $7.00!
Run over to your Kroger and look in their Christmas clearance (we found them in the area where the ornaments and decor were hung up) or their big bins of really marked down clearance stuff.
As many of you know in last week and this weeks' Michaels ad they have been advertising Clearance cartridges for $9.99. My Michaels had been completely picked over so I took my ad to Walmart and they price matched both Cricut Lite Cartridges and regular Cricut Cartridges.
What an AMAZING deal!
What you need to do to get Walmart to price match:
1. Take your Michael's ad with you (you MUST have the ad) for this week. If you don't get a paper go to Michael's and ask for an ad. Be sure to say you don't need the coupon, just the ad. Mine had plenty of ads behind the counter.
2. Print and take with you the Walmart Price matching policy which can be found here.
Here is the text of that policy:
Our goal is always to be the low price leader in every community where we operate. Our customers trust us to have every day low prices ... there's no need for "special sales."
Our unbeatable promise:
Store managers make the final decision in always taking care of our customers, but we do have guidelines for matching our competition.
- We do honor "Preferred Shopping Card" advertised prices. Must be like items, be advertised and require a competitor's shopping card, for the discount to apply.
- We do not honor advertisements that require a purchase in order to receive the advertised price or free product.
- We do not honor "Buy One / Get One Free" advertisements.
- We do not honor double or triple coupons or percent off advertisements.
- We do not honor other retailers' "Misprinted" advertised prices.
- We do not honor Internet Pricing.
- We do not honor competitor advertisements from outside of the store's or Club's local trade territory.
It is important to note that store managers make the call on whether to price match or not, but their is no Walmart corporate policy against matching "clearance" items. I went to two Walmarts, one matched and one didn't based on this "clearance" issue. I was just sure to be very polite talk to the overall store manager (the CSM) and to show him/her the corporate policy to be sure he/she know they were making that "clearance" decision and not corporate. One was more than happy to match, the other said it was his personal store policy not to.
3. Get your cartridges first and then head to the register. Ask for a CSM and let the cashier know that due to the significant amount of the difference between the regular price match and the sale price the CSM will need to use their key and their employee number for each cartridge you buy. Each cartridge will have to be rung in separately and the key used, and code entered.
Be sure to come back here and report where you had success and where you didn't so we can all share in the Cricuty goodness!!
I had success in Marietta, GA at the Kroger at Shallowford and Sandy Springs, and the Barrett Parkway Walmart.
Have fun shopping and thanks for stopping by,