Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Retro Christmas Garland with Connie Mercer

Today's project is a retro Christmas garland made by Connie Mercer, and it comes with a tutorial!  Let's get started!
                                      

Curtsey Boutique Supplies:
Red and Green soda straws

Other Products:
Buttons


Instructions:
1. These are the items you will need to make this festive “retro” garland. You will need about 40” of the red bakers twine for the garland.

2. I used 4 straws and cut them into pieces, about 1” to 1.5” in size.


3. I tied a button on the end so I wouldn’t lose my garland, as I threaded the straws and buttons on.

4. Just as the photo shows I started adding the straws and buttons. About every four or five straws I put the string through both button holes so the button would be flat, for a different look. That is up to you.

5. I continued this same process and adding a button at the end also. I put a dab of hot glue on the end of the button where I tied it off.

6. I took the mittens die cuts and glued them together with the red bakers twine~making five sets of ornaments. My initial thought for a small Country Christmas tree. I just need to get a small tree! Hope you enjoyed this Holiday project!!!

Check out all of the items needed for this project in our store!  

To see more of Connie's designs, visit her blog by clicking on her photo below.


5 comments:

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)