Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thanksgiving Day Place Card & Utensil Holder with Andrea Amu



Thanksgiving Day Place Card & Utensil Holder
Curtsey Boutique Designer
Andrea Amu

When I came across the burlap bags in my stash of Curtsey Boutique supplies, I knew instantly that they would make wonderfully fancy utensil bags for dressing up our Thanksgiving dinner table!  

The chalkboard tags are the perfect accompaniment for displaying everyone's seating arrangement.  Better yet, these bags were so easy to put together.  I used some faux leaves that I purchased at the local dollar store and started by attaching two leaves to a yellow hand-dyed doily with glue dots.  I also adhered a fabric Curtsey Boutique flower on top of the leaves and then affixed the embellished doily to the burlap bag with a heavier glue dot.  

To finish off each bag, I simply tied on the chalkboard tag with a string of burlap and wrote the name onto the tag with chalk.  Easy and elegant! 
 Curtsey Boutique Supplies


Other supplies include:
Faux Leaves
Burlap string
Glue Dots
Chalk


For more of Andrea's beautiful work, click on her photo to visit her blog.


1 comment:

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)