Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Stamping Fabric Covered Brads and Vintage Baby Digital Freebie



Stamping Fabric Covered Buttons
Day 2 here of stamping on fabric. Today I experimented with my I-Top and creating fabric covered brads embellished with my stamps.

There are a myriad of "how to use your I-top" tutorials so I thought adding one more would be silly. Here is a link to Imaginisce's video education series

What I learned about making stamped brads.

1. On an embellishing difficulty scale of 1 to 10, I'd rank these a 2.

2. Stamp your image first on scrap fabric to see how it looks before committing to quality fabric.

3. Be sure that if you are using a focal image and not an all around pattern that the image is centered.

4. Stamp with dark inks.

5. Use patterns that are scaled down and not to busy.

6. If you are using a thin muslin or burlap "double layer" a small piece under the focal image so no metal shows through.

I'm happy with my bowl full of embellishments that will be easily used up on cards, tags and layouts.




In appreciation for your "hanging out with me" this week, I cleaned up the following image of a baby in a primitive "Johnny Jump Up" in an old toy catalog.  As always the image can be used for SH, CU, or PU if you link back to the blog.

Vintage Baby Image via the Serendipitous Scrapper

Here's what I did with it.

Stay Calm and Hang On Vintage Digital Freebie



Have a lovely day,

CarrieAnne

1 comment:

  1. Just came across your blog, CarrieAnne. I guess it's true - great minds think alike. I've been stamping on fabric and ribbon this week too!
    Cute covered brads!
    :) Julie

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)