Friday, November 5, 2010

A blustery day ...


In the past few days, our dreamy Indian Summer has most definitely subsided into a blustery 100 Acre Woods like Fall. The swirling leaves and drizzle has reminded me of the the daily rain and grayness we experienced when we lived in Rotterdam, Netherlands. We lived there without a car and with a fridge the size of a happy meal box. Everyday my two girls and I would brave the weather to visit the cheese shop, bread store, butcher and grocer. I often felt that Bella (who was only 7 months at the time) thought we were nuts braving that weather for our daily essentials. I took this picture of her incredulity one day before heading out and thought this week was a great time to do something with it.

I love a layout with clean lines and detailed journaling. For this 8x8 I used Imaginisce Papers and a JoAnn Essentials metal phrase for the Title.

The lady with the baby carriage is a die cut I embellished from the Cricut New Arrivals cartridge. Some paint on the edges of the photo, the buckle, the love charm, and the background paper add depth, while I created dimension by paper piercing the dotted circles in the strip backing the title.

Thanks for looking and Stay Warm!

CarrieAnne

1 comment:

  1. This is soooooooooooo precious! Loveeeeee the photo and the design is BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)