Monday, September 26, 2011

Cowboy High Chair Banner

Cowboy High Chair Banner
As promised this week I am going to share some of the photos of projects I made for my son's first birthday party we held on Saturday. The theme was a cowboy party so of course I have to share a picture of my favorite little cowboy in his birthday getup. You can bet this photo is going to be scrapped as soon as I can get my hands on October Afternoon's new Sarsaparilla vintage cowboy themed release.

I've never like the idea of having a lit candle near a baby so when I saw a high chair birthday banner in a specialty boutique I thought it was a great alternative to having a number "1" candle on a cake. I knew I could easily make one with my  Cricut for a fraction of what the boutique was charging. I used the Jute as string to tie the pieces together and I thought it enhanced the overall western theme.

Reid's cowboy outfit was a colloboration between my mom (who made the vest, chaps and cowboy belt) and my mother-in-law (who crocheted the cowboy booties with spurs). Of course Reid's natural cuteness was critical in the equation, but I could just be biased.




Recipe:
Cricut Cartridges: A Child's Year, Old West, Country Life, A Mother's Day Bouquet
 Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug: Perfectly Paisley
Patterned Paper: K & Company
Ink: Memento: Rich Cocoa
Adhesive: Beacon Adhesive, Stampin' UP! Dimensionals
Tools: Crop-O-Dile
Jute: Michaels
Pearls: Recollections


Cuts:
Pennant: 
The "Wheat" cut from the Country Life cartridge with the shift key and "Banner" function selected cut at 8 inches

Lassoing Cowboy Silhouette:
The "DressUp" cut from A Child's Year cut at 3 inches

Hobby Horse Cowboy Silhouette
The "StckHrse" cut from A Child's Year cut at 3 inches

The Sherrif's badge in the middle is a combination of several cuts:
The badge is cut at 5.25 inches using the number "7" cut on the Old West cartridge with the Icon function selected.

The star is cut at 4.75 inches using the number "6" cut on the Old West cartridge with the Icon function selected.

The ivory circle is cut at 5.25 inches using the "circle" cut from the A Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge.

The rosette was created by cutting and adhering together two scalloped circles cut at 2.5 inches from the "Flower14" cut from the A Mother's Day Bouquet cartridge.

Thanks for stopping by,

CarrieAnne

3 comments:

  1. How cute!! The little cowboy and the banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is so cute you should enter this into our challenge at decorate to celebrate it is baby birthdays challenge this would fit right in. so cute and adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)