Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Box inside of box, inside of box.


When I was a little girl my dad brought me back a set of stacking dolls from one of his many trips. I still have them to this day, and now my own girls marvel at how fun it is to open the ever tinier little dolls in the set.

Stacking dolls or matryoshkas as I learned they are called in Russian (the things Google can teach you) are also becoming quite the hit in the paper crafting world. Hero Arts, Stampin' UP!, Buzz and Bloom, and Cricut have all come out with nesting doll themed products in the past year or so.

I made this set of cards from a coloring page in one of my girl's craft stash. I simply traced the outline, and then increased or decreased the size to get the three I needed. I then used circle, heart and flower punches to add details or just sketched pieces and cut them out. Cuttlebug folders were used to add depth and interest as was Jenni Bowlin paper, pinking shears, and a paper piercer, which was used to pierce the outline around each doll.

Thanks for looking,

CarrieAnne

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh these are BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE THEM! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)