Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Zero Calorie Ribbon Candy

In finishing my holiday decorations I needed a little something extra for my buffet table. A bit of ribbon candy in a crystal candy dish would be perfect, but I faced one little problem. Since having the baby I have been working really hard at getting my not-so J.Lo posterior back and a big bowl of ribbon candy tempting me every time I rounded the corner was not going to help me reach my skinny jeans goals. Zero calorie paper ribbon candy, however posed absolutely no threat.

My love for metallic cardstock is once again apparent as I cut several different colors into two inch strips. I then ran two rows of red line tape on each side of the carstock and covered the tape in coordinating microglitter from Stampendous. To get the true ribbon candy shape I then sprayed the paper with water (the glitter doesn't come off) and folded it back and forth. I placed the folded paper between two heavy soup cans and let the paper dry over night. This wetting and drying process does a pretty good job of creating the right shape, but a few glue dots were used on particularly rebellious pieces. These also make great Christmas tree decorations when you thread a string through the middle, and they are a great craft for the kids (minus the glitter if you aren't feeling overly vacuumy).

Thanks for looking,

CarrieAnne

4 comments:

  1. How cute are those?!?!?! LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. And I love the word "vacuumy."

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are GORGEOUS!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE them! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ribbon candy out of paper = super adorable!!! I will have to keep this in my mind for a later date. TFS :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)