Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tickling the Ivories ...





This is a picture of our youngest daughter Maddie (about 15 months in this shot) at our local children's museum. What is neat about this photo is that she heard the music coming from the piano first and was obviously trying to follow it. When the child who had been "playing" the music stopped Maddie was visibly confused and began trying other things to replicate the sound. She actually ran into the piano accidentally and this "bumping" created the noise she was looking for. It was practically impossible to get her to stop pounding this little piano to death afterward.

This is a simple and quick layout I made from an older sketch at The Scrappiest's blog. I have found in my newborn induced sleep deprived state that sketch's sure do help jump start the creativity. The paper is a mix of Stampin' UP! and Crate. The tile embellishments are Chatterbox. I added a paper pierced border around the circles and the baubles and buttons are miscellaneous items from my stash. For some reason I normally find layouts with circles a bit intimidating so I was glad to try something a bit out of my comfort zone.

Thanks for looking!

CarrieAnne

1 comment:

  1. How precious!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE that story and loving all the circles!! BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)