Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Grass ... its whats for Dinner




I had these pictures of my second oldest daughter developed over a year ago. They have just been sitting on my scrap table saying - scrap me, scrap me (for blackmail in the future if nothing else). This week's sketch from Sketchy Thursdays motivated me to get them on a page and safely into an album.

When we lived in the Netherlands, Bella was fascinated by how really, really bright the vegetation was. Every time I put her down at a park or in our back yard she went right to eating the grass. It didn't seem to matter what I did or how many times I cleaned her hands off. As soon as I stepped back to take a picture, the grass went right back in her mouth.

I consoled myself by seeing it as her fascination with the world around her. Though she has stopped treating the environment as her own personal snack pantry, she is still amazed by vibrancy, color and nature - and I LOVE that about her.

The patterned paper is Stampin' UP!, the pearls are Reminisce, the buttons and ribbon are from my stash. The mist is from Tattered Angels and is their Starfish color. The title is made from a Crate Paper "Lillian" alphabet.

I made the toad stools by cutting apart and layering the Toadstool on the Cindy Loo Cartridge. I used the border function and then manipulated the shapes to get the layered affect I wanted. I used a Crafter's Workshop template to guide my piercing and embossed the trunks of the mushrooms with the Victorian folder from Cuttlebug. I think inked them with Versamark.

Thanks for looking,

CarrieAnne

3 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS CarrieAnne!! I love love love the photos, the story and the paint! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute page!! Love the strips of paper and paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sweet girly colors! Amazing! Thanks for joining the Sketchy Thursdays fun this week!!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)