Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Nothing, but Blue Skies



I am almost done scrapping our pictures from LAST year's family vacation. This means there is little hope for this year's photos with a new baby and what I am sure to be innumerable rolls of pictures of his tiny cuteness just days away. My girls are sitting on top of Stone Mountain here in Northern Georgia or rather Bella and Victoria are hopelessly attempting to keep Maddie from running off Stone Mountain while they pose for this photo.

I enjoy "fussy cutting" or cutting out shapes, images and designs from patterned paper. Lots of times when I am watching my favorite show (Yes, that would be Bones - for those who know me best) I cut out designs to be used on future layouts and cards. I hand cut all of the flowers and vines multiple times from 7Gypsies paper and then layered and adhered them with a variety of adhesives to add dimension. The fabric covered brad is also 7Gypsies, and the rub-on title from My Mind's Eye. The Birds are actually transparent stickers from Glitz Designs that I backed with transparency first and then trimmed around so they too could be popped up with a dimensional glue without risk of sticking to the page awkwardly.

In order to have it appear as though the birds in the upper left and right are actually flying I cut their wings off and reapplied them with the transparency as reinforcement behind them to add structure.

Thanks for looking,

CarrieAnne

1 comment:

  1. I soooooooooooooooo love love love this!!! GORGEOUS colors and loving all the cut work! And i loveeeeeeeeeee Bones too! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)