Friday, October 19, 2012

Shabby Tea Room Rustic Elegance Challenge Card

Shabby Tea Room Rustic Elegance Card
Serendipitious Scrapper

It's been a super busy week - the kind where kids get sick, something breaks, you have a million errands to run and the laundry has taken over the coach (in truth, I'm not even sure that the coach is still there). That being said my creative juices were absolutely gone so I'd thought I try a new challenge site to help jump start my card making efforts.

So this was my interpretation of challenge 136 "Rustic Elegance" at the Shabby Tea Room.

Here is their inspiration photo and we were given the prompts of using something elegant and rustic.


I love how the wood grain embossing came out. I wanted to really stress the texture so I used both Versa Mark ink and Creamy Caramel Stampin' UP! ink to highlight the details.

The frame was made with one of my new favorite tools - Martha Stewart's paper clay and silicon molds.  The rosette is from my shop and there is lots of Snow Queen glimmer mist over everything.

Have a great day,

CarrieAnne

1 comment:

  1. Your rustic embossing looks fabulous teamed with the pretty pattern papers. Love the little MS frame...I need to go shopping for that kit! Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)