Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Operation Write Home Card #2


Operation Write Home Cards
Curtsey Boutique

This is the second card I will be teaching Thursday night at my church for our Operation Write Home service project.  Once more I did two versions of the card to figure out what I liked best. I ended up choosing the card on the left with the white card stock base.
Operation Write Home Card #2
Curtsey Boutique

As most of these cards will make it into the hands of guys, I wanted to do something that a guy might actually pick out in the store and I love that the gray in these pattern papers "boys" up the cards a bit. I also wanted something that would appeal to soldiers of a variety of denominations without offending anyone - hopefully I hit the mark.

The card is pretty simple by necessity as we have to make so many on a budget. I think the baker's twine wrapped in these vintage buttons I found at the Thrift Store is a nice dressy touch for just a few pennies. I got over 500 of the red buttons for $5.00 - a super find as buttons can be pricy.  I've once again used my Swiss Dots embossing folder and pulled out the details with a bit of inking.

If you are interested in learning more about Operation Write Home click here.

Have a lovely day,

CarrieAnne


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and appreciate the time it takes you to leave it :)